The Detection for Nuclear Nonproliferation Group (DNNG) at the Department of Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences of the University of Michigan (UM) is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time postdoctoral researcher position. The postdoctoral fellow will be involved in cutting-edge research in the areas of:
- Development of new methods for digital pulse processing of signals from radiation detectors, including FPGA data readout and programming
- Monte Carlo simulations and code development for radiation detector response modeling
- Design and analysis of neutron and gamma-ray imaging systems
- Neutron and gamma-ray measurements using state-of-the-art radiation detectors
Required Education, Characteristics, and Experience
- Ph.D. (or equivalent doctoral degree) in nuclear engineering, physics, or a closely related field.
- Highly motivated towards a productive scientific career; team player
- Able to mentor graduate and undergraduate students
- Experienced with organic chemistry, radiation detection, and/or advanced computational science and engineering
- MCNP Experience
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required for consideration.
Please upload your cover letter, resume and complete the application by April 15, 2023: https://forms.gle/zHCpWR2BfPxkhimN8