Registration for the MCNP/MCNPX-PoliMi Workshop is now open!
This workshop will instruct users in the MCNP and MCNPX-PoliMi codes. The workshop will occur daily from 1:00 – 5:00 pm (ET). Days 1 and 2 will cover the basics of MCNP simulations; days 3 and 4 will focus on applications of MCNPX-PoliMi.
Workshop topics include:
- What is Monte Carlo radiation transport and MCNP?
- Geometry: surface and cell specifications
- Material and basic source definitions
- Running MCNP and tips and tricks
- MCNPX-PoliMi introduction
- MCNPX-PoliMi source capabilities, including new models of fission
- Spontaneous and neutron/gamma induced fission
- Combined sources such as MOX fuel
- Detector-response simulations with the MPPost code
- Organic scintillator (e.g., liquids and plastic)
- Capture detectors (e.g., He-3)
- Inorganic scintillators (e.g., NaI)
- Special detectors (capture-gated)
- Simulations of time-of-flight experiments
- Simulations of multiplicity experiments